The B Active programme is designed to engage young people aged 16-25 into sport and physical activity from some of the UK's most deprived communities, where health deprivation and many other socio-economic issues manifest. B Active will run throughout the year in 5 different locations across the UK; London, Manchester, Belfast, Hull and Newport. The programme will support groups of young people to not only engage in activities but to improve their lifestyles, wellbeing and future prospects.
Volunteer youth workers will be recruited and trained to help deliver the programme which will be tailored to the recipients needs and interests. The sessions are likely to include a number of physical activities as well as opportunities for sessions on nutrition, mental health and wellbeing.
Volunteers of the programme will achieve both accredited and non-accredited qualifications throughout the programme which will help for future development for themselves and their communities.
Outcomes for participants of the programmes are:
- More positive lifestyle leading to better physical health
- More positive lifestyle leading to better wellbeing and levels of self-efficacy
- Increased and sustained levels of participation in sport and physical activity
- Broaden Horizons and greater aspirations to achieve
- Improve skills and knowledge applied through volunteering and social action